Welcome to GOdanz!
We love to DANCE!
Drop-in anytime and find out!
Specializing in classes, events and building community in Toronto’s social dance scene for over 25 years: Salsa, Mambo, Bachata, Zouk and now dedicated to Kizomba!
*We are very active on Facebook under GOdanz, Sunday Kizomba Social, Sunday Salsa Social, Kizomba Music and Videos.
Who We Are
Stephanie and Bowie have been teaching together since 2008, although Stephanie has been teaching dance since 2000. We taught mostly salsa, bachata and cha cha, promoting on2 NYC style. We also organized many festivals and big workshop salsa and bachta events where Bowie is the main DJ. And then…kizomba came along and since 2013 have been actively promoting this beautiful dance. We have a super GOdanz team who assist us while teaching and help so much behind the scenes too!
Our newest project: The GOdanz Kizomba Academy!
We’re the only school in Toronto that has such a comprehensive kizomba schedule: 3 days of classes and 1 kizomba social per week! Stephanie travels EXTENSIVELY to Paris to learn progressive kizomba, and attends many European congresses to keep it all FRESH!
We host the popular 12-year old Sunday Salsa Social, the longest running social dance party in Toronto, open to all. Every Sunday night you can enjoy 4 hours of dancing to practice what you learned in class. While Bowie runs the Salsa Social, Stephanie runs the Sunday Kizomba Social in another dance room-How great is that to have 2 socials for the price of one…open ALL YEAR ROUND!
We have over 30 years of teaching experience combined, and our approach is very logical, progressive and suitable for beginners, advanced dancers, and everything in between.
With or without a partner, come out see what the excitement is all about! You’ll feel great, meet new people, and find yourself on a new adventure!
Why you should definitely be DANCING…
6 reasons social dancing is good for your health and well-being!
(We host our salsa/bachata/cha cha social but offer kizomba classes)
1. Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba are a great way to exercise, meet new people, and put excitement into your life
2. Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba improve coordination and rhythm
3. Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba put you in touch with your sensuality and sense of style
4. Learning multiple dances like Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba means no sitting out at dance events
5. All the body isolations you learn in Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba can be applied in other partner dances
6. Salsa gives you fire in your life; Bachata gives you upbeat sensuality; Kizomba is great for quieting the mind, for improving your freestyle and deepening your musicality
Questions? Email us! Info@godanz.com